Place:


Park  Aberdeenshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Park like this:

Park, an elegant Grecian mansion of 1822, with beautiful grounds, in Drumoak parish, Aberdeenshire, close to the Dee's left bank, and 1 mile SW of Park station on the Deeside section of the Great North of Scotland railway, this being 11 miles WSW of Aberdeen. The estate, which was anciently part of a royal chase, was given by David II. ...


to Walter Moigne, but so early as 1348 was by John Moigne disposed of to Alexander Irvine of Drum. It was sold by the Irvine family in 1737 to Mr Duff of Culter; in 1807 to Thomas Burnett for £9000; in 1821 to William Moir; and in 1839 for £28,000 to Mr Kinloch, whose son, Alexander John Kinloch, Esq. (b. 1843; suc. 1883), holds 1681 acres in Aberdeen and 4532 in Kincardine shire, valued at £1119 and £2995 per annum.—Ord. Sur., sh. 66, 1871.

The location is that of the hamlet of Park, and fits the location given by Canmore for the burgh of Redford.

Park through time

Park is now part of Aberdeenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aberdeenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Park itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Park in Aberdeenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21896

Date accessed: 20th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Park ".