Place:


Inchmurrin  Dunbartonshire

 

In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Inchmurrin like this:

Inchmurrin, island, at S. end of Loch Lomond, Kilmaronock par., Dumbartonshire, 2½ miles N. of Balloch pier; is the most southerly and the largest of the Loch Lomond islands, being 5½ miles in circuit. Inchmurrin contains the ruins of Lennox Castle, and is preserved as a deer park by the Duke of Montrose.

Inchmurrin through time

Inchmurrin is now part of West Dunbartonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Dunbartonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Inchmurrin itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Inchmurrin in West Dunbartonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21862

Date accessed: 19th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Inchmurrin ".