Place:


Peover Inferior  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Peover Inferior like this:

PEOVER (Lower), a chapelry in Great Budworth parish, Cheshire; on the river Peover, 2¾ miles S by W of Knutsford r. station. It comprises the townships of Nether Peover, Inferior Peover, Allostock, and Plumbley; and its post town is Nether Peover, under Knutsford. Acres, 5, 738. Real property, £10,085. ...


Pop., 1, 268. Houses, 240. The manors of Peover Inferior and Plumbley belong to Lord De Tabley; that of Nether Peover, to Lord De Tabley and SirW. Shakerley, Bart.; and that of Allostock, to SirW. Shakerley, Bart. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £96. Patron, Lord De Tabley. The church is of the 13th century; has a stone tower of 1562; and wasrestored, at a cost of £1, 300, in 1852. There is a parochial school.

Peover Inferior through time

Peover Inferior is now part of Macclesfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Macclesfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Peover Inferior itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Peover Inferior, in Macclesfield and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2150

Date accessed: 04th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Peover Inferior ".