Place:


Earith  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Earith like this:

EARITH, a hamlet in Bluntisham parish, Huntingdon; on the river Ouse, at the boundary with Cambridge, 5½ miles NE by E of St. Ives. It has a post office under St. Ives, and fairs on 4 May, 25 July, and 1 Nov. Real property, £4, 786. Pop., 631. Houses, 159. Earith House is the seat of the Tebbuts. Bulwerks is a modern camp of four acres. There are chapels for Quakers, Baptists, and Wesleyans. A school has £16 from endowment: and other charities £40.

Earith through time

Earith is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Earith itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Earith in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21398

Date accessed: 27th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Earith ".