Place:


Ashted  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashted like this:

ASHTED, a chapelry in Aston parish, Warwick. It includes the north-eastern part of Birmingham; and has a post office‡ of Ashted-Row, in the street of that name, 1½ mile distant from the Birmingham head-office. Pop. in 1851, 11,198; in 1861, 13,392. Houses, 2,661. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. ...


Value, £143. Patrons, three Trustees. The church is a plain edifice; built for a private residence by the physician, Dr. Ash; converted into a chapel in 1789; purchased for the Church of England in 1791; and now used as well for the troops at the horse barracks as for the parishioners.

Ashted through time

Ashted is now part of Birmingham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Birmingham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ashted itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashted, in Birmingham and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21325

Date accessed: 22nd January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ashted ".