Place:


Haslington  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Haslington like this:

HASLINGTON, a village and a township-chapelry in Barthomley parish, Cheshire. The village stands near the Northwestern railway, 2½ miles NE of Crewe; and has a post office under Crewe. The chapelry comprises 3, 670 acres. Real property, £6, 415. Pop. in 1851, 1, 153; in 1861, 1, 215. ...


Houses, 242. The increase of pop., and at a rapid rate, was continuing in 1865. The manor belongs to Sir H. D. Bronghton, Bart. Haslington Hall is now a farm house. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £120.* Patron, Sir H. D. Broughton, Bart. The church has a cupola and is a p1ain brick building. There are chapels for Independents, Baptists, and Primitive Mcthodists, and national schools.

Haslington through time

Haslington is now part of Crewe and Nantwich district. Click here for graphs and data of how Crewe and Nantwich has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Haslington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Haslington, in Crewe and Nantwich and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2116

Date accessed: 25th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Haslington ".