Place:


Thornton Heath  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thornton Heath like this:

THORNTON-HEATH, a village in the NE of Surrey; on the London West End and Croydon railway, 1¾ mile N of Croydon. It has a r. station with telegraph, a post-office under London S, a police station, and an Independent chapel built in 1865.

Thornton Heath through time

Thornton Heath is now part of Croydon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Croydon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thornton Heath itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thornton Heath, in Croydon and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21109

Date accessed: 19th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thornton Heath ".