Place:


Purbrook  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Purbrook like this:

PURBROOK, a village and a chapelry in Farlington parish, Hants. The village stands near Portsdown hill, 3 miles W by N of Havant r. station, and 6½ N N E of Portsmouth; and has a post-office under Cosham, Hants. The chapelry was constituted in 1858. Pop., 335. Houses, 54. P. Park is the seat of J. Deverill, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £50. Patron, the Rector of Farlington. The church was built in 1858.

Purbrook through time

Purbrook is now part of Havant district. Click here for graphs and data of how Havant has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Purbrook itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Purbrook, in Havant and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21054

Date accessed: 18th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Purbrook ".