Place:


Church Coppenhall  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Church Coppenhall like this:

COPPENHALL, two townships and a parish in Nantwich district, Cheshire. Church-Coppenhall township lies on the North-Western railway, 1½ mile NNW of Crewe r. station, and 5 NE of Nantwich. Acres, 1, 530. Real property, £2, 987. Pop., 822. Houses, 175. Monks-Coppenhall township lies round the junction of railways at Crewe station; and includes the town of Crewe. ...


Acres, 1, 318. Real property, £15, 532. Pop., 8, 159. Houses, 1, 473. The parish consists wholly of these two townships. Post town, Crewe. Real property, £18, 519. Pop., in 1841, 747; in 1861, 8, 981. Houses, 1, 648. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chester. Value, £216.*-Patron, the Bishop of Chester. The church was rebuilt in 1851; and is a brick edifice, with a tower. The p. curacy of Crewe is a separate benefice. See Crewe.

Church Coppenhall through time

Church Coppenhall is now part of Crewe and Nantwich district. Click here for graphs and data of how Crewe and Nantwich has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Church Coppenhall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Church Coppenhall, in Crewe and Nantwich and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2104

Date accessed: 26th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Church Coppenhall ".