Place:


Ditteridge  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ditteridge like this:

DITTERIDGE, or Ditcheridge, a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts; on an affluent of the river Avon, and on the Great Western railway, ½ a mile N by E of Box r. station, and 7 miles WSW of Chippenham. Post town, Box, under Chippenham. Acres, 374. Rated property, £550. Pop., 110. Houses, 25. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £131. Patron, W. Northey, Esq. The church is Norman and early English, in good condition.

Ditteridge through time

Ditteridge is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ditteridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ditteridge in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20896

Date accessed: 29th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ditteridge ".