Place:


Maelor  Flintshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Maelor like this:

MAYLOR, a hundred in Flint; lying detached 8 miles south-eastward from the rest of the county; bounded, on the NW, by the river Dee,-on the N, by Cheshire,-on the E and the S, by Salop; and containing Hammer parish, three other parishes, and parts of eight others. Acres, 43,997. Pop. in 1851,9,610; in 1861,9,719. Houses, 2,044.

Maelor through time

Maelor is now part of Wrexham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wrexham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Maelor itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Maelor, in Wrexham and Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20837

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Maelor ".