Place:


Bransgore  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bransgore like this:

BRANSGORE, a chapelry in Christchurch parish, Hants; near the river Avon, and the Christchurch branch railway, 3½ miles NNE of Christchurch. Post Town, Christchurch. Statistics returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £73.* Patron, T. Jesson, Esq.

Bransgore through time

Bransgore is now part of New Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how New Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bransgore itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bransgore, in New Forest and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20683

Date accessed: 22nd January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bransgore ".