Place:


Copthorne  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Copthorne like this:

COPTHORNE, a hundred in Surrey. It lies around Epsom and Leatherhead; contains eleven parishes and part of another; and is cut into two divisions, first and second. Acres, 14, 909 and 19, 745. Pop. of the whole, 13, 964. Houses, 2, 523.

Copthorne through time

Copthorne is now part of Reigate and Banstead district. Click here for graphs and data of how Reigate and Banstead has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Copthorne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Copthorne, in Reigate and Banstead and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20656

Date accessed: 04th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Copthorne ".