Place:


Cudham  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cudham like this:

CUDHAM, a village and a parish in Bromley district, Kent. The village stands near the boundary with Surrey, 3 miles SW of Chelsfield r. station, and 7 SSE of Bromley; has a post office under Bromley; and was once a market-town. The parish comprises 5,869 acres. Real property, £4, 844. Pop., 988. ...


Houses, 185. The property is subdivided. The manor belonged anciently to the Apperfields. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £306. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old but good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £5.

Cudham through time

Cudham is now part of Bromley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bromley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cudham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cudham, in Bromley and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2063

Date accessed: 26th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cudham ".