Place:


Ossulstone  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ossulstone like this:

OSSULSTONE, a hundred in Middlesex; bounded, on the N and the N E, by Gore, Edmonton, and Hertson the E, by the river Lea, on the S, by the Thames, on the W, by Isleworth and Elthorne; and cut into thefive divisions of Finsbury, Holborn, Kensington, Tower, and Westminster. Acres of the F. div., 11, 492. ...


Pop.in 1851, 239, 788; in 1861, 310, 385. Houses, 38, 791. Acres of the H. div., 8, 188. Pop. in 1851, 485, 372; in 1861, 555, 538. Houses, 59, 646. Acres of the K. div., 18, 863. Pop. in 1851, 151, 910; in 1861, 199, 121. Houses, 29, 255. Acres of the T. div., 9, 515. Pop. in 1851, 537, 139; in 1861, 647, 845. Houses, 88, 310. Acres of the W. div., 2, 691. Pop. in 1851, 237, 425; in 1861, 250, 741. Houses, 25, 785. Ossulstone gives the title of Baron to Earl Tankerville.

Ossulstone through time

Ossulstone is now part of Brent district. Click here for graphs and data of how Brent has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ossulstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ossulstone, in Brent and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20602

Date accessed: 28th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ossulstone ".