Place:


Northstow  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Northstow like this:

NORTHSTOW, a hundred in Cambridge; bounded, on the N, by the Isle of Ely, on the E, by Staine hundred and Soham fen, on the S, by Chesterton and Flendish, on the W, by Papworth; and containing Girton parish, ten other parishes and part of another. Acres, 19, 651. Pop. in 1851, 5,096; in 1861, 4, 925. Houses, 1, 107.

Northstow through time

Northstow is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Northstow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Northstow in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20599

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Northstow ".