Place:


Launditch  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Launditch like this:

LAUNDITCH, a hundred in Norfolk; nearly in the centre of the county; bounded by the hundreds of Gallow, Eynsford, Mitford, South Greenhoe, and FreebridgeLynn; and containing the two Dunham parishes, thirtytwo other parishes, and part of another. Acres, 56, 978. Pop. in 1851, 13, 561; in 1861, 13, 177. Houses, 2, 804.

Launditch through time

Launditch is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Launditch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Launditch, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20574

Date accessed: 27th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Launditch ".