Place:


Stanley  Perthshire

 

In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Stanley like this:

Stanley, vil. with ry. sta. (Stanley Junction), Auchtergaven and Redgorton pars., and quoad sacra par., partly also in Kinclaven par., Perthshire - quoad sacra par., pop. 1276; vil., on river Tay, ½ mile SW. of Stanley Junction and 7 miles N. of Perth, pop. 1030; P.O., T.O.; has cotton factories; Stanley House, seat, is in vicinity.

Stanley through time

Stanley is now part of Perth and Kinross district. Click here for graphs and data of how Perth and Kinross has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanley, in Perth and Kinross and Perthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20454

Date accessed: 20th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanley ".