Place:


Shipton Sollars  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shipton Sollars like this:

SHIPTON-SOLLARS, a parish in Northleach district, Gloncester; 6½ miles ESE of Cheltenham r. station. Post town, Andoversford, under Cheltenham. Acres, 1,160. Real property, £831. Pop., 80. Houses, 18. The manor belongs to W. Peachy, Esq. The living is annexed to Shipton-Oliffe. The church is ancient, but is not used.

Shipton Sollars through time

Shipton Sollars is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shipton Sollars itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shipton Sollars, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20444

Date accessed: 19th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shipton Sollars ".