Place:


St Stephen  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Stephen like this:

STEPHEN'S (St.), a parish in St. Albans district, Herts; divided into Park, Smallford, and Windridge wards. It has a post-office under St. Albans. Acres, 8,140. Real property of Park and Windridge wards, £13,860. Pop. of the whole, 1,786. Houses, 356. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £514.* Patron, the Rev. M. R. Southwell. The vicarage of Frogmore is a separate benefice. See Albans (St.).

St Stephen through time

St Stephen is now part of St Albans district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Albans has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Stephen itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Stephen, in St Albans and Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2005

Date accessed: 23rd September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Stephen ".