Place:


Brisley  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brisley like this:

BRISLEY, a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; 3 miles W by S of Elmham r. station, and 5½ NNW of East Dereham. Post Town, East Bilney, under Swaffham. Acres, 1,201. Real property, £2,760. Pop., 362. Houses, 86. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Gateley, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £486.* Patron, Christ's College, Cambridge. The church is good.

Brisley through time

Brisley is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brisley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brisley, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1713

Date accessed: 17th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brisley ".