Place:


West Bradenham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Bradenham like this:

BRADENHAM (West), a parish in Swaffham district, Norfolk; on the river Wissey, 3¼ miles S by W of Wendling r. station, and 5½ SW by W of East Dereham. It has a post office under Thetford. Acres, 1,682. Real property, £3.019. Pop., 387. Houses, 88. The manor of West Bradenham belongs to W. Haggard, Esq.; that of Bokenham Hall to B. Girling, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £290.* Patron, the Bishop of N. The church is ancient, and was restored in 1857. There are a national school, and charities £24.

West Bradenham through time

West Bradenham is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Bradenham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Bradenham, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1712

Date accessed: 20th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Bradenham ".