Place:


Oxwick  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Oxwick like this:

OXWICK, a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; 4 miles S by W of Fakenham r. station. Post-town, Litcham, under Swaffham. Acres, 719. Real property, with Pattesley, £1, 883. Pop. of O. alone, 66. Houses, 14. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £234. Patron, E. Blake, Esq. The church is old; and consists of nave and chancel, with bell-turret. Charities, £9.

Oxwick through time

Oxwick is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Oxwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Oxwick, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1681

Date accessed: 18th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Oxwick ".