Place:


Worthing  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Worthing like this:

WORTHING, a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; 1½ mile S of Elmham r. station. Post town, Elmham, under Thetford. Acres, 690. Real property, £1,036. Pop., 170. Houses, 34. The manor belongs to the Rev. H. Lombe. The living is a rectory, annexed to Swanton-Morley. The church is good.

Worthing through time

Worthing is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Worthing itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Worthing, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1674

Date accessed: 09th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Worthing ".