Place:


Landbeach  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Landbeach like this:

LANDBEACH, a parish in Chesterton district, Cambridgeshire; 1½ mile W by N of Waterbeach r. station, and 5 NNE of Cambridge. It has a post-office under Cambridge. Acres, 2,490. Real property, £3,802. Pop., 441. Houses, 116. The property is chiefly divided among seven. The manor of Chamberlayne belongs to Corpus Christi college; and that of Bray to the University of Cambridge. ...


The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £800.* Patron, Corpus Christi College, Cambridge. The church is of stone and rubble, in the pointed style, and in good condition. There are a Baptist chapel and a charity school. Rewley, the chaplain of Lord Bacon, and Masters, the historian of Corpus Christi college, were rectors.

Landbeach through time

Landbeach is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Landbeach itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Landbeach in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1592

Date accessed: 27th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Landbeach ".