Place:


Comberton  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Comberton like this:

COMBERTON, a parish in Chesterton district, Cambridgeshire; on Bourn brook, 2 miles NW of Harston r. station, and 5 WSW of Cambridge. It has a post office under Cambridge. Acres, 1, 925. Real property, £3, 131. Pop., 562. Houses, 110. The property is much sub-divided. Part of the land is common. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £153. Patron, Jesus' College, Cambridge. The church is later English, and good. Charities, £25.

Comberton through time

Comberton is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Comberton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Comberton in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1572

Date accessed: 25th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Comberton ".