Place:


Welbury  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Welbury like this:

WELBURY, a parish, with a r. station, in Northallerton district, N. R. Yorkshire; on the Stockton and Northallerton railway, 5½ miles NNE of Northallerton. Post town, Northallerton. Acres, 2,569. Real property, £2,059. Pop., 258. Houses, 53. The property is sub-divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £360.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is modern.

Welbury through time

Welbury is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Welbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Welbury, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14441

Date accessed: 05th July 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Welbury ".