Place:


Warthill  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Warthill like this:

WARTHILL, a parish in the district of York and N. R. Yorkshire; 2 miles SW of Stamford-Bridge r. station, and 5½ NE by E of York. Post town, York. Acres, 860. Real property, £1,373. Pop., 217. Houses, 43. The manor belongs to J. Agar, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £160. Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is good.

Warthill through time

Warthill is now part of Ryedale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ryedale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Warthill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Warthill, in Ryedale and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14427

Date accessed: 22nd September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Warthill ".