Place:


Wadworth  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wadworth like this:

WADWORTH, a parish, with a village, in Doncaster district, W. R. Yorkshire; 4 miles S of Doncaster r. station. It has a post-office under Doncaster. Acres, 2,930. Real property, £3,829. Pop., 656. Houses, 156. The property is chiefly divided among five. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £140.* Patron, W. Walker, Esq. The church is later English. There are two Methodist chapels and a national school.

Wadworth through time

Wadworth is now part of Doncaster district. Click here for graphs and data of how Doncaster has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wadworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wadworth, in Doncaster and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14412

Date accessed: 09th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wadworth ".