Place:


Treeton  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Treeton like this:

TREETON, a township and a parish in Rotherham district, W. R. Yorkshire. The township lies 2 miles N by W of Woodhouse r. station, and 3½ S of Rotherham; and has a post-office under Rotherham. Acres, 1,573. Real property, £2,467. Pop., 368. Houses, 81. The parish includes another township and a part, and comprises 3,513 acres. ...


Pop., 612. Houses, 134. T. manor belongs to the Duke of Norfolk. There are stone quarries and a corn mill. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £674.* Patron, the Rev. B. E. Watkins. The chancel of the church was restored in 1867. There is a national school.

Treeton through time

Treeton is now part of Rotherham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rotherham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Treeton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Treeton, in Rotherham and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14396

Date accessed: 28th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Treeton ".