Place:


Thorganby  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thorganby like this:

THORGANBY-WITH-WEST COTTINGWITH, a parish in York district, E. R. Yorkshire; on the river Derwent, 4 miles NNW of Bubwith r. station, and 9 SE of York. Post town, York. Acres, 3,190. Real property, £3,924. Pop., 407. Houses, 82. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £153.* Patron, the Rev. J. D. Jefferson. The church is good. Charities, £84.

Thorganby through time

Thorganby is now part of Selby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Selby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thorganby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thorganby, in Selby and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14341

Date accessed: 16th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thorganby ".