Place:


Sharlston  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sharlston like this:

SHARLESTON, a township in Warminfield parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 2 miles S of Normanton. Acres, 1, 126. Real property, £1, 258. Pop., 262. Houses, 45. S. Hall is a Tudor edifice; belonged once to Nicholas de Fleming, and belongs now to the Earl of Westmoreland-Coal is found.

Sharlston through time

Sharlston is now part of Wakefield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wakefield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sharlston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sharlston, in Wakefield and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14203

Date accessed: 28th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sharlston ".