Place:


Rise  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rise like this:

RISE, a parish in Skirlaugh district, E. R. Yorkshire; 1½ mile N W of Whitedale r. station, and 6 S S W of Hornsea. Post-town, Skirlaugh, under Hull. Acres, 2,012. Real property, £2, 700. Pop., 188. Houses, 30. All the property, excepting the glebe, belongs to W. F. Bethell, Esq. R. Hall belonged to the Fauconbergs, and passed to the Bethells. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £550.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was re-built in 1845. Charities, £10.

Rise through time

Rise is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rise itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rise, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14133

Date accessed: 21st February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rise ".