Place:


Thurlby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thurlby like this:

THURLBY, a parish, with a village and two hamlets, in Bourn district, Lincoln; on the Bourn railway, 2½ miles S of Bourn. It has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Bourn. Acres, 5,070. Real property, £7,289. Pop., 833. Houses, 177. The property is much subdivided. Bricks are made. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £553.* Patron, Eton College. The church is Norman, cruciform, and good, with fine tower and spire. There are two Methodist chapels, a national school, and charities £5.

Thurlby through time

Thurlby is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thurlby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thurlby, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13972

Date accessed: 25th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thurlby ".