Place:


Tarrant Rawston  Dorset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tarrant Rawston like this:

TARRANT-RAWSTON, a parish in Blandford district, Dorset; 3¼ miles E by N of Blandford r. station. Post town, Blandford. Acres, 696. Real property, £654. Pop., 53. Houses, 12. The property is divided between two. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £110. Patron, Sir, J. Smith, Bart.

Tarrant Rawston through time

Tarrant Rawston is now part of North Dorset district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Dorset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tarrant Rawston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tarrant Rawston in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13971

Date accessed: 23rd October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tarrant Rawston ".