Place:


Studham  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Studham like this:

STUDHAM, a parish in the district of Luton and counties of Bedford and Hertford; 4¼ miles S of Dunstable r. station. It contains S. village and Humbershoe hamlet; and has a post-office under Dunstable. Acres, 3,100. Real property, £3,214. Pop., 882. Houses, 181. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £150. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church, in 1864, was in a dilapidated state. Charities, £10.

Studham through time

Studham is now part of South Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Studham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Studham in South Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1396

Date accessed: 05th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Studham ".