Place:


Thimbleby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thimbleby like this:

THIMBLEBY, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; 1½ mile WNW of Horncastle r. station. Post town, Horncastle. Acres, 1,770. Real property, £3,641. Pop., 477. Houses, 95. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £441.* Patron, T. S. Hotchkin, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1744. There are two Methodist chapels, a national school, and some charities.

Thimbleby through time

Thimbleby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thimbleby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thimbleby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13933

Date accessed: 25th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thimbleby ".