Place:


Tetford  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tetford like this:

TETFORD, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Horncastle district, Lincoln. The village stands 6 miles NE by E of Horncastle r. station; and has a post-office under Horncastle, and two annual fairs.—The parish comprises 2,210 acres. Real property, £3,990. Pop., 793. Houses, 170. ...


The property is much subdivided. Limestone is largely worked. There are traces of large ancient camps. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £450. Patron, Sir M. J. Cholmeley, Bart. The church is old but good. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.—The sub-district contains 13 parishes and 10 parts. Acres, 28,065. Pop., 4,460. Houses, 927.

Tetford through time

Tetford is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tetford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tetford, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13922

Date accessed: 25th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tetford ".