Place:


Swaby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Swaby like this:

SWABY, a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; 2 miles SW of Claythorpe r. station, and 4½ WNW of Alford. Post town, Alford. Acres, 1,160. Real property, £2,132. Pop., 498. Houses, 108. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £460.* Patron, Magdalen College, Oxford. The church was rebuilt in 1827. There are a chapel for Wesleyans and a parochial school.

Swaby through time

Swaby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Swaby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Swaby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13894

Date accessed: 05th July 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Swaby ".