Place:


Surfleet  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Surfleet like this:

SURFLEET, a parish in Spalding district, Lincoln; on the river Glen, and on the Peterborough and Boston railway, 4 miles N by E of Spalding. It has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Spalding. Acres, 3,500. Real property, £9,378. Pop., 953. Houses, 209. The property is much subdivided. Cressy Hall is the seat of W. Mackinder, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £150. Patron, the Rev. E. Brown. The church is good. There are an endowed school with £38 a year, poors' lands £82, and charities £10.

Surfleet through time

Surfleet is now part of South Holland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Holland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Surfleet itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Surfleet, in South Holland and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13857

Date accessed: 22nd September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Surfleet ".