Place:


Osbaldwick  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Osbaldwick like this:

OSBALDWICK, a township and a parish in the district of York and N. R. Yorkshire. The township lies2½ miles E of York r. station. Acres, 680. Real property, £3, 496. Pop., 188. Houses, 38. The parish contains also the township of Murton, and comprises 1, 740 acres. Post-town, York. ...


Real property, £5, 329. Pop., 342. Houses, 72. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to W. Richardson, Esq. There is a private lunatic asylum. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Murton, in the diocese of York. Value, £250. Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is very old.

Osbaldwick through time

Osbaldwick is now part of York district. Click here for graphs and data of how York has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Osbaldwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Osbaldwick, in York and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13847

Date accessed: 07th April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Osbaldwick ".