Place:


Bolnhurst  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bolnhurst like this:

BOLNHURST, a parish in the district and county of Bedford; 5 miles E by S of Sharnbrook r. station, and 6½ NNE of Bedford. Post Town, Wilden, under Bedford. Acres, 2,160. Real property, £2,088. Pop., 348. Houses, 67. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £159.* Patron, the Rev. F. M. Harvey. The church is good. An endowed school has £12.

Bolnhurst through time

Bolnhurst is now part of Bedford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bedford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bolnhurst itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bolnhurst, in Bedford and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1377

Date accessed: 03rd August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bolnhurst ".