Place:


St Clement  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Clement like this:

CLEMENT (St.), a parish and a sub-district in Truro district, Cornwall. The parish lies on the Tresilian creek, or head of the Fal estuary, adjacent to the Cornwall railway, 2 miles SE of Truro; and contains a work-house. Post town, Truro. Acres, 3, 494. Real property, £12, 680. Pop., 3, 731. ...


Houses, 731. The property is much subdivided. Conor manor belongs to the duchy of Cornwall; and Polwhele belonged to the county historian Polwhele. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of St. Paul's, under the rectory of Truro-St. Mary, in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £390.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church includes a transept of the 13th century; and is good. A very ancient inscribed cross is at the village. Charities, £12.—The sub-district contains four parishes. Acres, 11, 692. Pop., 8, 089. Houses, 1, 613.

St Clement through time

St Clement is now part of Carrick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carrick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Clement itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Clement, in Carrick and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1359

Date accessed: 13th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Clement ".