Place:


Quadring  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Quadring like this:

QUADRING, a village and a parish in Spalding district, Lincoln. The village stands 2 miles S E of Donnington, and 4½ N W of Surfleet r. station; and has a post-office under Spalding. The parish contains also the hamlet of Eaudyke, and comprises 4, 210 acres. Real property, £9, 341. Pop., 1,001. Houses, 213. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Wigtoft, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is later English, with fine tower and octagonal spire; and was restored in 1862. There are an endowed school with £65 a year, and charities £150.

Quadring through time

Quadring is now part of South Holland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Holland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Quadring itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Quadring, in South Holland and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13460

Date accessed: 18th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Quadring ".