Place:


Pointon  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pointon like this:

POINTON, a village and a chapelry in Semperingham parish, Lincoln. The village stands 2¾ miles E S E of Falkingham, and 7½ S by W of Heckington r. station; is a pleasant place; and has a post-office under Falkingham. The chapelry comprises 1, 630 acres. Real property, £3, 288. Pop., 510. Houses, 96. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Semperingham, in the diocese of Lincoln.

Pointon through time

Pointon is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pointon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pointon, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13435

Date accessed: 18th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pointon ".