Place:


Leppington  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Leppington like this:

LEPPINGTON, a township-chapelry in Scrayingham parish, E. R. Yorkshire; 4 miles NNE of StamfordBridge r. station, and 7½ SW by S of New Malton. Post town, New Malton. Acres, 1,163. Real property, £2,404. Pop., 132. Houses, 23. The manor belongs to Lady Mary Vyner. Gypsum is found. The living is annexed to the rectory of Scrayingham, in the diocese of York. The church was built in 1811, and was once a chantry to Missenden.

Leppington through time

Leppington is now part of Ryedale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ryedale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Leppington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leppington, in Ryedale and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13302

Date accessed: 16th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Leppington ".