Place:


Great Langton  Yorkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Langton like this:

LANGTON (GREAT), a township and a parish in Northallerton district, N. R. Yorkshire. The township lies on the river Swale, 4 miles NW of Ainderby r. station, and 5½ NW by W of Northallerton; and has a post-office under Northallerton. Acres, 856. Real property, £1,063. Pop., 137. Houses, 31.—The parish contains also the township of Little Langton, and comprises 1,840 acres. ...


Real property, £2,276. Pop., 239. Houses, 47. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £310.* Patron, the Hon. Capt. Duncombe. The church is a plain but good edifice, without a tower. There is a national school.

Great Langton through time

Great Langton is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Langton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Langton, in Hambleton and Yorkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13258

Date accessed: 08th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Langton ".