Place:


Kexby  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kexby like this:

KEXBY, a township-chapelry in Catton parish, E. R. Yorkshire; on the river Derwent, 3 miles S of StamfordBridge r. station, and 6 E of York. It has a post office under York. Acres, 1, 751. Real property, £1, 636. Pop., 182. Houses, 32. The property is divided among a few. The manor and most of the land belong to Lord Wenlock. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £120. * Patron, Lord Wenlock. The church is modern, and has a spire.

Kexby through time

Kexby is now part of York district. Click here for graphs and data of how York has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kexby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kexby, in York and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13179

Date accessed: 04th April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kexby ".