Place:


Ingleby Arncliffe  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ingleby Arncliffe like this:

INGLEBY-ARNCLIFFE, a parish in Stokesley district, N. R. Yorkshire; 3¾ miles E by S of Welbury r. station, and 8 NE of Northallerton. It contains the hamlet of Ingleby-Cross, which has a post office under Northallerton. Acres, 1,875. Real property, £3, 934. Pop., 326. Houses, 74. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with Ingleby Hall, belongs to the Mauleverers. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £49. Patron, the Rev. G.Abbes. The church is good, and has a tower.

Ingleby Arncliffe through time

Ingleby Arncliffe is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ingleby Arncliffe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ingleby Arncliffe, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13072

Date accessed: 16th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ingleby Arncliffe ".