Place:


Manby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Manby like this:

MANBY, a parish, with a village, in Louth district, Lincoln; 3 miles NE of Legbourne r. station, and 4½ E by S of Louth. Post town, Louth. Acres, 1,460. Real property, £2,088. Pop., 210. Houses, 47. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to S. T. Scrope, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Valne, £482. Patron, the Rev. J. Waite. The church is late perpendicular, in good condition; and consists of nave and chancel, with a tower. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Manby through time

Manby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Manby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Manby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12981

Date accessed: 02nd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Manby ".